Subject: Re: [bug#40677] [PATCH V3 07/15] gnu: Add ffmpeg-jami.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 17:51:31 +0200

Hello Jan,

> I had a success building ffmpeg-jami on both aarch64-linux and
> armhf-linux (through qemu). I have one question regarding the naming
> convention of variables. Why do some variables start with "%"? I
> couldn't find any explanation in the documentation nor in the source
> code. Say I want to add a variable called
> "ffmpeg-linux-configure-flags". Should I start it with "%" -
> "%fmpeg-linux-configure-flags" or not?

Good job! Variables prefixed by '%' often denote parameters (see:
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Parameters.html).

I guess something like:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(define %fmpeg-linux-configure-flags
  '("--flag-1"
    "--flag-2"))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

would be fine. But using "ffmpeg-linux-configure-flags" would also be
correct.

Thanks,

Mathieu