Subject: [bug#40677] [PATCH V3 07/15] gnu: Add ffmpeg-jami.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 10:35:31 +0200

Hello Jan,

> - dav1d fails, because "meson doesn't support cross-compilation"
> - perl fails during installation and if I checked correctly, guix
>   doesn't have support for perl on armhf or aarch64
> - glib fails, because "meson doesn't support cross-compilation"
> And other possible problems I didn't get to. With dav1d I could just
> disable it, because it's just one codec. I also disabled perl, but
> disabling glib won't work.
>
> This isn't a good advertisement for this meson build system :P
> Should I proudly drop all the support for cross compilation?

On core-updates the cross-compilation support is a bit better (perl at
least should be fixed), but it won't get you much further. So yes you
can drop cross compilation. You can still check that native compilation
for armv7 and aarch64 works with "--system armhf-linux" and "--system
aarch64-linux". Note that you will need to setup binfmt.

Thanks,

Mathieu