Subject: [bug#40677] [PATCH V3 00/15] Jami patches.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 09:34:50 +0200

Hello,

> To be honest, I don't know why this happens. I was too focused on
> correcting the commit messages I forgot about testing. Let me test it
> now.

I think the problem is that when starting "jami-gnome", the "dring"
daemon is started by D-Bus. On a foreign distro, this cannot work. So I
tried to start dring manually[1] but I have the following error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
/gnu/store/chb71qh7dprrdgn7d3g08d2pbii57v2v-libring-20200401.1.6f090de/lib/ring/dring -cdp
Jami Daemon 9.1.0, by Savoir-faire Linux 2004-2019
https://jami.net/
[Video support enabled]

[1588491116.175|28401|ringbufferpool.cpp:118  ] Ringbuffer created with id 'audiolayer_id'
[1588491116.411|28401|video_device.h    :129  ] Default video settings: 800x480, 30 FPS
[1588491116.529|28401|video_device.h    :129  ] Default video settings: 960x540, 30 FPS
[1588491116.532|28401|manager.cpp       :676  ] Not initialized
[1588491116.532|28401|manager.cpp       :676  ] Not initialized
09:31:56.533         os_core_unix.c !pjlib 2.10 for POSIX initialized
[1588491116.534|28401|manager.cpp       :738  ] Using PJSIP version 2.10 for x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
[1588491116.534|28401|manager.cpp       :739  ] Using GnuTLS version 3.6.13
[1588491116.534|28401|manager.cpp       :740  ] Using OpenDHT version 2.0.0
[1588491116.535|28401|manager.cpp       :751  ] Configuration file path: /home/mathieu/.config/jami/dring.yml
[1588491116.537|28401|manager.cpp       :2738 ] invalid node; first invalid key: "preferences": Preferences node unserialize error: 
[1588491116.538|28401|manager.cpp       :452  ] Errors while parsing /home/mathieu/.config/jami/dring.yml
[1588491116.538|28401|manager.cpp       :777  ] Restoring last working configuration
[1588491116.540|28401|sipvoiplink.cpp   :550  ] Using SIP nameserver: 127.0.0.53
[1588491116.540|28401|siptransport.cpp  :188  ] SipTransportBroker@0x125c3d0
[1588491116.541|28401|sipvoiplink.cpp   :641  ] SIPVoIPLink@0x1297410
[1588491116.541|28407|sip_utils.cpp     :203  ] Registered thread 0x7f132bc5f4d0 (0x6EF1)
[1588491116.541|28401|manager.cpp       :2738 ] invalid node; first invalid key: "preferences": Preferences node unserialize error: 
[1588491116.541|28401|manager.cpp       :452  ] Errors while parsing /home/mathieu/.config/jami/dring.yml
[1588491116.542|28401|sipvoiplink.cpp   :646  ] ~SIPVoIPLink@0x1297410
[1588491116.542|28401|siptransport.cpp  :193  ] ~SipTransportBroker@0x125c3d0
[1588491116.542|28401|siptransport.cpp  :200  ] destroying SipTransportBroker@0x125c3d0
dring: ../src/pj/os_core_unix.c:1325: pj_mutex_unlock: Assertion `mutex->owner == pj_thread_this()' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Maybe we should fix it, wrapping jami binary, so that it also starts
this daemon?

WDYT?

Thanks,

Mathieu

[1]: https://git.jami.net/savoirfairelinux/ring-project/wikis/technical/Build-instructions