Subject: Re: [bug#40677] [PATCH 04/18] gnu: Add libnatpmp.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 09:19:01 +0200

Hello,

>> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>> guix build --target=aarch64-linux-gnu libnatpmp
>> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> It was built successfully, it works then I guess.
>
>
>> to check it. Then, you probably need to do something similar as what
>> is done in package "iw" (set CC variable at least).
> Where can I read about this CC thing more? Is it needed when
> cross-compilation works? 

The build may succeed but if the native GCC compiler was picked, then
it's a native build and not a cross-build. You can run the following
command:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
file the-binary-or-library
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and see what it reports. You can also have a look to maradns package
for an example of how to deal with CC variable.

Don't hesitate if you have further questions,

Mathieu