Subject: bug#40665: 28.0.50; tls hang on local ssl

From: Derek Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 16:57:07 +0000 (UTC)

Robert Pluim writes:

> Thatʼs not quite it. 'wait_reading_process_output' broadly does one of:
>
>     1. Read from some fds, give me what you have or timeout
>     2. Read from some fds, wait until you have something for this
>     specific process, or timeout
>     3. Read *only* for this process, wait until you have something, or
>     timeout
>
> [1] is very common, [3] is not. The case Iʼm discussing is [2] (via
> accept-process-output), and as it stands you've transformed it into a
> form of [1] (and yes, in [3] the select is only done for the fd for a
> specific process).

Let me read the code more carefully to see what to do.
>
> OK, that does make sense, and might even be more correct, but itʼs a
> bigger change. You'll need more than just me to agree with it.

I'll get back to you with a patch addressing both points later, maybe
tonight.

Derek