Subject: Re: bug#40665: 28.0.50; tls hang on local ssl

From: Derek Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 14:45:34 +0000 (UTC)

Robert Pluim writes:

> With emacs-26 or emacs-27? The GnuTLS code between the two is quite
> different, mainly things like:
>
>     commit e87e6a24c49542111e669b7d0f1a412024663f8e
>     Author: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
>     Date:   Tue Jan 15 23:51:45 2019 -0800
>
>         Fix unlikely races with GnuTLS, datagrams
>
> which despite the comment are perhaps not that unlikely.

With emacs-26. maybe I should just use emacs-27 from now on.
emacs-27 don't have this indefinite stall, however, it still stalls for
a few seconds. The network is not that slow; it feels like something
wasn't happening in time and was only being triggered later by some
fallback mechanism.

Derek