Subject: Re: bug#40665: 28.0.50; tls hang on local ssl

From: Derek Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 01:41:21 +0000 (UTC)

Derek Zhou writes:

> Robert Pluim writes:
>
>> I assume youʼre running with the change locally. If you continue to do
>> so, and donʼt see any issues, then that raises my confidence in the
>> change being correct.
>>
>> Iʼll update this bug when I push a change.
> Hold on. This break a lot of other https sites. I'll debug more, if
> someone is more familiar with this case please also look into this.

False alarm. I was backporting the patch to 26.3, which does not have
the other change:

commit b34c6d2c9694ec300b92129dbf88fe012837dfe2
Author: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date:   Mon Jul 15 13:28:25 2019 +0200

    Don't delete GnuTLS boot parameters too early
    
    * src/process.c (connect_network_socket): Don't delete the GnuTLS
    boot parameters until after we've managed to connect at the IP
    level (bug#36660).

So obviously this won't work.
Right now I am running 26.3 + this + my patch, everything seems ok for
now.

Derek