Subject: bug#40655: 28.0.50; Build broken in net/tramp-archive.el: D-Bus error: "Method List is not implemented on interface org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor"

From: Ashish SHUKLA <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 14:32:47 +0530

While trying to build Emacs revision 490f279 on FreeBSD 12.1 (amd64)
with following configure flags:

  --disable-build-details  --localstatedir=/var --with-x --enable-acl
  --with-cairo --with-dbus --with-gconf --with-gif --with-gnutls
  --with-gsettings --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-harfbuzz --with-jpeg
  --with-json --with-file-notification=kqueue --with-lcms2
  --with-m17n-flt --without-imagemagick --with-mailutils --with-modules
  --with-sound=oss --with-libotf --with-png --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
  --with-rsvg --with-threads --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xim
  --with-xml2 --with-xpm --without-xwidgets --x-libraries=/usr/local/lib
  --x-includes=/usr/local/include --prefix=/usr/local

Build aborted with:

EMACSLOADPATH= '../src/emacs' -batch --no-site-file --no-site-lisp --eval '(setq load-prefer-newer t)'  -f batch-byte-compile net/tramp-archive.el

In toplevel form:
net/tramp-archive.el:113:1: Error: D-Bus error: "Method List is not implemented on interface org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor"
gmake[4]: *** [Makefile:296: net/tramp-archive.elc] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory 'emacs-490f279/lisp'
gmake[3]: *** [Makefile:319: compile-main] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory 'emacs-490f279/lisp'
gmake[2]: *** [Makefile:411: lisp] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory 'emacs-490f279'

-- 
Ashish SHUKLA

Sent via Gnus from GNU Emacs