Subject: bug#40655: closed (Re: bug#40655: 28.0.50; Build broken in net/tramp-archive.el: D-Bus error: "Method List is not implemented on interface org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor")

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 17:55:02 +0000

Your bug report

#40655: 28.0.50; Build broken in net/tramp-archive.el: D-Bus error: "Method List is not implemented on interface org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor"

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40655: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40655
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#40655: 28.0.50; Build broken in net/tramp-archive.el: D-Bus error: "Method List is not implemented on interface org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor"
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Ashish SHUKLA <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 19:54:01 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 28.1

Ashish SHUKLA <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

>> Does the appended patch on tramp-gvfs.el fixes this?
>>
> Thank you, that works.

Thanks for the feedback, I've pushed it to master. Closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 28.0.50; Build broken in net/tramp-archive.el: D-Bus error: "Method List is not implemented on interface org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor"
From: Ashish SHUKLA <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 14:32:47 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

While trying to build Emacs revision 490f279 on FreeBSD 12.1 (amd64)
with following configure flags:

  --disable-build-details  --localstatedir=/var --with-x --enable-acl
  --with-cairo --with-dbus --with-gconf --with-gif --with-gnutls
  --with-gsettings --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-harfbuzz --with-jpeg
  --with-json --with-file-notification=kqueue --with-lcms2
  --with-m17n-flt --without-imagemagick --with-mailutils --with-modules
  --with-sound=oss --with-libotf --with-png --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
  --with-rsvg --with-threads --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xim
  --with-xml2 --with-xpm --without-xwidgets --x-libraries=/usr/local/lib
  --x-includes=/usr/local/include --prefix=/usr/local

Build aborted with:

EMACSLOADPATH= '../src/emacs' -batch --no-site-file --no-site-lisp --eval '(setq load-prefer-newer t)'  -f batch-byte-compile net/tramp-archive.el

In toplevel form:
net/tramp-archive.el:113:1: Error: D-Bus error: "Method List is not implemented on interface org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor"
gmake[4]: *** [Makefile:296: net/tramp-archive.elc] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory 'emacs-490f279/lisp'
gmake[3]: *** [Makefile:319: compile-main] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory 'emacs-490f279/lisp'
gmake[2]: *** [Makefile:411: lisp] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory 'emacs-490f279'

-- 
Ashish SHUKLA

Sent via Gnus from GNU Emacs