Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: gnutls: Enable p11-kit.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 18:37:59 +0100

Jakub Kądziołka <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 09:34:09AM +0100, Christopher Baines wrote:
>> Everywhere except mips64el, where a comment says it doesn't work. I can't test
>> as I can't build this on mips64el anyway.
>>
>> This change will enable running the tests for libcacard.
>>
>> * gnu/packages/tls.scm (gnutls)[arguments]: Only specify --without-p11-kit on
>> mips64el.
>> [inputs]: Include the p11-kit for all systems except mips64el.
>
> Chris,
>
> not sure if you noticed, but even though `guix refresh --list-dependent
> gnutls' lists only 2 packages, this change will trigger a
> core-updates-worthy rebuild due to the graft currently used for gnutls.

Yeah, I noticed. This is a change I made when working on the QEMU
smartcard support for GNOME Boxes [1], and I sent it as a separate patch
as it does need handling differently.

1: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40631

> I was under the impression that, as a convention, we mark such patches
> with [PATCH core-updates] in the subject, which made me uncertain as to
> whether you realized that this will rebuild the world. (Though, now that
> I think of it, testing this has probably required a significant amount
> of time...)

I simply didn't know about that convention, thanks for letting me know
:)

Chris