Subject: bug#40653: 28.0.50; (fset 'yes-or-no-p 'y-or-n-p) has no effect in native-comp branch

From: Andrey Orst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 12:58:23 +0300

>
> The issue is that here we are shadowing with an alias a primitive C
> subr.
>
> Compiling speed 2 the assumption is that these are not redefined or
> advised (the manual warns about doing that).  Function calls to C
> primitives at speed 2 are hardcoded for performance reasons in the
> generated code.

 We have a customize listing exceptions for that
> `comp-never-optimize-functions'.
>

You should solve the issue adding `yes-or-no-p' to this customize and
> recompiling.

 Ah I see now. This makes sense, although also makes it harder to
configure.

On the other hand customizing `comp-never-optimize-functions' will solve
the issue only for external packages because you likely already have
> compiled the whole Emacs with the default setting...
>

IIUC I may need to modify the source code of the `comp.el` file, because it
gets used when doing `make`?

-- 
Best regards,
Andrey Orst