Subject: Re: bug#40650: guix test suite failures building Debian package

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 22:00:37 +0200

Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> skribis:

> test-name: gexp->derivation #:references-graphs
> location: /build/guix-YPdZIs/guix-1.1.0/tests/gexp.scm:944

[...]

> actual-value: #f
> result: FAIL

This failure is because of this assumption in the test:

         ;; Note: %BOOTSTRAP-GUILE depends on the bootstrap Bash.
         (lset= string=?
                (call-with-input-file g-guile read)
                (list (derivation->output-path guile-drv) bash))

This assumption does not hold if you use a ‘bash’ binary different from
the one Guix provides; I had overlooked this.

You can either solve this by pre-downloading Guix’ statically-linked
{bash,mkdir,xz,tar} as discussed earlier, or simply by skipping this
test by adding (test-skip 1) above it (it’s not unreasonable IMO).

Ludo’.