Subject: Re: bug#40636: [PATCH] Fix `eval-after-load' hooks not running on eln files.

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2020 14:53:07 +0200

Andrew Whatson <[email-masked]> writes:

> After loading, `do-after-load-evaluation' is called with "the absolute
> true name of a file just loaded".  The `eval-after-load-helper' hook was
> comparing this with `load-file-name' containing the mangled file name,
> so never running.
>
> * lisp/subr.el (eval-after-load): Compare against `load-true-file-name'
>   to properly detect the loading of native-compiled files.

[...]

> -                   (let ((lfn load-file-name)
> +                   (let ((lfn load-true-file-name)

This is for the native-comp branch, I guess?  I had a look at it, and it
looks like a similar patch was applied the same day this bug report was
filed, so I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no