Subject: 23.1; Emacs crash during session recovery on Mac OS X

From: Olivier Sirven <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:08:54 +0200

I just applied new OS X update (10.5.8) and after reboot I tried to
launch emacs but it won't before I remove my .emacs.desktop: it keeps
crashing during the buffer recovery process.

Here is the debug stack displayed by my Mac:
Process:         Emacs [487]
Path:            /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
Identifier:      org.gnu.Emacs
Version:         Version 23.1 (9.0)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [234]

Interval Since Last Report:          584 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           3
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  29 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   3

Date/Time:       2009-08-06 09:59:31.858 +0200
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L30)
Report Version:  6
Anonymous UUID:  50A4F731-9808-416D-9146-664B70D2FEE1

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9172ce42 __kill + 10
1   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9179f23a raise + 26
2   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x917ab679 abort + 73
3   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0010a065 Fsignal + 501
4   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0010a188 xsignal + 24
5   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0010a5a0 error + 0
6   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000d8eac compile_pattern + 764
7   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000d9690 fast_string_match + 80
8   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000c4474 Ffind_file_name_handler  
+ 164
9   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000c4e64 Fexpand_file_name + 52
10  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000cd117 Fdo_auto_save + 1303
11  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00091165 shut_down_emacs + 149
12  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00091c4f fatal_error_signal + 399
13  libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9172b2bb _sigtramp + 43
14  ???                           	0xffffffff 0 + 4294967295
15  libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9179f23a raise + 26
16  libSystem.B.dylib             	0x917ab679 abort + 73
17  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000f0c05 mark_object + 181
18  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0009d2ad mark_kboards + 285
19  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000f19e1 Fgarbage_collect + 561
20  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109ac7 Ffuncall + 519
21  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00107d0a  
internal_condition_case_2 + 266
22  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00019d2e safe_call + 158
23  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00019d75 safe_call1 + 37
24  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000a71c8 map_keymap_canonical + 56
25  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000456b2 single_keymap_panes + 114
26  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000a6e82 map_keymap_item + 66
27  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000a704f map_keymap_internal + 255
28  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000456b2 single_keymap_panes + 114
29  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000459ae keymap_panes + 110
30  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0017f3c0 ns_popup_menu + 2960
31  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109cb8 Ffuncall + 1016
32  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x001450db Fbyte_code + 3835
33  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109541 funcall_lambda + 209
34  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109a8b Ffuncall + 459
35  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x001450db Fbyte_code + 3835
36  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x001090a6 Feval + 1062
37  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0010943f Fprogn + 63
38  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x001081f7 unbind_to + 103
39  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x001083f9 unwind_to_catch + 137
40  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0010a114 Fsignal + 676
41  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0010a188 xsignal + 24
42  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0010a457 xsignal2 + 39
43  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000f35ab wrong_type_argument + 59
44  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000a6773 Fstart_kbd_macro + 275
45  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109cb8 Ffuncall + 1016
46  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x001450db Fbyte_code + 3835
47  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109541 funcall_lambda + 209
48  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109809 apply_lambda + 121
49  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00108e92 Feval + 530
50  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0012f734 readevalloop + 788
51  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0012fed3 Feval_buffer + 275
52  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109cf4 Ffuncall + 1076
53  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x001450db Fbyte_code + 3835
54  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109541 funcall_lambda + 209
55  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109a8b Ffuncall + 459
56  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109e29 call4 + 25
57  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00130802 Fload + 2226
58  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109cf4 Ffuncall + 1076
59  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x001450db Fbyte_code + 3835
60  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109541 funcall_lambda + 209
61  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109a8b Ffuncall + 459
62  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x001450db Fbyte_code + 3835
63  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109541 funcall_lambda + 209
64  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109a8b Ffuncall + 459
65  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0010b1b4 run_hook_with_args + 196
66  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0010b399 Frun_hooks + 89
67  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109c23 Ffuncall + 867
68  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x001450db Fbyte_code + 3835
69  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109541 funcall_lambda + 209
70  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109a8b Ffuncall + 459
71  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x001450db Fbyte_code + 3835
72  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109541 funcall_lambda + 209
73  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109809 apply_lambda + 121
74  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00108e92 Feval + 530
75  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00093f2d top_level_2 + 29
76  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00107bdd internal_condition_case  
+ 253
77  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00093f83 top_level_1 + 67
78  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00107abc internal_catch + 172
79  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00093c37 command_loop + 151
80  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00093d12 recursive_edit_1 + 146
81  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00093e91 Frecursive_edit + 257
82  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000927d5 main + 2885
83  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00002cf6 start + 54

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
   eax: 0x00000000  ebx: 0x917ab639  ecx: 0xbfffd5ac  edx: 0x9172ce42
   edi: 0x001a0278  esi: 0x00358598  ebp: 0xbfffd5c8  esp: 0xbfffd5ac
    ss: 0x0000001f  efl: 0x00000282  eip: 0x9172ce42   cs: 0x00000007
    ds: 0x0000001f   es: 0x0000001f   fs: 0x00000000   gs: 0x00000037
   cr2: 0x179bb000

Binary Images:
     0x1000 -   0x1abffb +org.gnu.Emacs Version 23.1 (9.0)  
<6af6b18ae78dca4aa09b3abe0a3b73ca> /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/ 
MacOS/Emacs
   0x3e8000 -   0x413ff7 +libncurses.5.dylib ??? (???) /sw/lib/ncurses/ 
libncurses.5.dylib
   0x507000 -   0x507ffc +com.growl.GrowlSafariLoader 1.0 (1.1) / 
Library/InputManagers/GrowlSafari/GrowlSafariLoader.bundle/Contents/ 
MacOS/GrowlSafariLoader
   0x50c000 -   0x50cffe +org.xlife.InquisitorLoader 3.1 (54)  
<e4877ee4582562d98c95d447c8f77397> /Library/InputManagers/Inquisitor/ 
Inquisitor.bundle/Contents/MacOS/Inquisitor
   0x511000 -   0x513fff +net.culater.SIMBL 0.8.2 (8) /Library/ 
InputManagers/SIMBL/SIMBL.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SIMBL
   0x519000 -   0x524ffb +com.fsb.SafariBlock ??? (2.1) /Library/ 
InputManagers/SafariBlock/SafariBlock.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SafariBlock
   0x52e000 -   0x52ffff +com.1passwd.InputManager 2.5.12 (6253)  
<fbd31459857fa286d04479765637587d> /Library/InputManagers/1PasswdIM/ 
1PasswdIM.bundle/Contents/MacOS/1PasswdIM
   0x54c000 -   0x54efff +com.unsanity.menuextraenabler 1.0.3 (1.0.3) / 
Library/InputManagers/Menu Extra Enabler/Menu Extra Enabler.bundle/ 
Contents/MacOS/Menu Extra Enabler
0x13d29000 - 0x13f30fef  com.apple.RawCamera.bundle 2.1.0 (474)  
<48a574d3b3269c8dbdc38d6f67879317> /System/Library/CoreServices/ 
RawCamera.bundle/Contents/MacOS/RawCamera
0x8fe00000 - 0x8fe2db43  dyld 97.1 (???)  
<458eed38a009e5658a79579e7bc26603> /usr/lib/dyld
0x90003000 - 0x9030bfe7  com.apple.HIToolbox 1.5.6 (???)  
<eece3cb8aa0a4e6843fcc1500aca61c5> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/ 
HIToolbox
0x904a2000 - 0x90554ffb  libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib ??? (???)  
<9d714c92872a93dd127ea8556b2c8945> /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
0x9095b000 - 0x9096bfff  com.apple.speech.synthesis.framework 3.7.1  
(3.7.1) <06d8fc0307314f8ffc16f206ad3dbf44> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
SpeechSynthesis.framework/Versions/A/SpeechSynthesis
0x9096c000 - 0x90973fe9  libgcc_s.1.dylib ??? (???)  
<f53c808e87d1184c0f9df63aef53ce0b> /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib
0x90974000 - 0x909f3ff5  com.apple.SearchKit 1.2.2 (1.2.2)  
<3b5f3ab6a363a4d8a2bbbf74213ab0e5> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SearchKit.framework/ 
Versions/A/SearchKit
0x90a11000 - 0x90ad8ff2  com.apple.vImage 3.0 (3.0) /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vImage.framework/ 
Versions/A/vImage
0x90d3c000 - 0x90d3cffc  com.apple.audio.units.AudioUnit 1.5 (1.5) / 
System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Versions/A/AudioUnit
0x90d4f000 - 0x913effe3  com.apple.CoreGraphics 1.409.3 (???)  
<25dceb14af3455b768f56e8765ecf3ca> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
0x915c2000 - 0x915c6fff  libGIF.dylib ??? (???)  
<abf65b853acce7bc8419c74716be5be0> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libGIF.dylib
0x915ca000 - 0x91624ff7  com.apple.CoreText 2.0.4 (???)  
<f0b6c1d4f40bd21505097f0255abfead> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreText.framework/ 
Versions/A/CoreText
0x9164f000 - 0x9167cfeb  libvDSP.dylib ??? (???)  
<b232c018ddd040ec4e2c2af632dd497f> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/ 
libvDSP.dylib
0x916be000 - 0x91825ff3  libSystem.B.dylib ??? (???)  
<ae47ca9b1686b065f8ac4d2de09cc432> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
0x91826000 - 0x91aa2fe7  com.apple.Foundation 6.5.9 (677.26)  
<c68b3cff7864959becfc7fd1a384f925> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
0x91aa3000 - 0x91b00ffb  libstdc++.6.dylib ??? (???)  
<04b812dcec670daa8b7d2852ab14be60> /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
0x91b01000 - 0x91b40fef  libTIFF.dylib ??? (???)  
<5bf6b42bc5e007fcea32f6620b14cba3> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
0x91daa000 - 0x91db7fe7  com.apple.opengl 1.5.10 (1.5.10)  
<5a2813f80c9441170cc1ab8a3dac5038> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
0x91de3000 - 0x91ecbff3  com.apple.CoreData 100.2 (186.2)  
<44df326fea0236718f5ed64084e82270> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData
0x91f6d000 - 0x91fabfff  libGLImage.dylib ??? (???)  
<a6425aeb77f4da13212ac75df57b056d> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLImage.dylib
0x9201f000 - 0x920acff7  com.apple.framework.IOKit 1.5.2 (???)  
<7a3cc24f78f93931731203854ae0d891> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
0x920af000 - 0x928adfef  com.apple.AppKit 6.5.9 (949.54)  
<4df5d2e2271175452103f789b4f4d8a8> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
0x928ae000 - 0x9293aff7  com.apple.LaunchServices 291 (291)  
<099eba2fe584376b476f9a262f41ecf2> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/ 
Versions/A/LaunchServices
0x92a33000 - 0x92abdfe3  com.apple.DesktopServices 1.4.8 (1.4.8)  
<a6edef2d49ffdee3b01010b7e6edac1f> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ 
DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/DesktopServicesPriv
0x92abe000 - 0x92b65fec  com.apple.CFNetwork 438.14 (438.14)  
<5f9ee0430b5f6319f18d9b23e777e0d2> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/ 
Versions/A/CFNetwork
0x92b6e000 - 0x92bebfef  libvMisc.dylib ??? (???) /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/ 
Versions/A/libvMisc.dylib
0x92c66000 - 0x92c66ff8  com.apple.ApplicationServices 34 (34)  
<8f910fa65f01d401ad8d04cc933cf887> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices
0x92c6c000 - 0x92c95fff  libcups.2.dylib ??? (???)  
<1b0435164b9dc6c773d0b1f24701e554> /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
0x92c96000 - 0x92e67ffb  com.apple.security 5.0.5 (36371)  
<1f7f48b36bc90d114220cc81e4e4694f> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
0x92ea3000 - 0x92ec7fff  libxslt.1.dylib ??? (???)  
<0a9778d6368ae668826f446878deb99b> /usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib
0x92ed8000 - 0x92f29ff7  com.apple.HIServices 1.7.1 (???)  
<ba7fd0ede540a0da08db027f87efbd60> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
HIServices.framework/Versions/A/HIServices
0x92f5f000 - 0x93092fe7  com.apple.CoreFoundation 6.5.7 (476.19)  
<a332c8f45529ee26d2e9c36d0c723bad> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
0x939a1000 - 0x93a51fff  edu.mit.Kerberos 6.0.13 (6.0.13)  
<804bd1b3f08fb57396781f012006367c> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Kerberos
0x93a52000 - 0x93a5dfe7  libCSync.A.dylib ??? (???)  
<9e3544fe087bb4dc760b7afe0850dd6c> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libCSync.A.dylib
0x93a5e000 - 0x93a89fe7  libauto.dylib ??? (???)  
<42d8422dc23a18071869fdf7b5d8fab5> /usr/lib/libauto.dylib
0x93a8a000 - 0x93a96ffe  libGL.dylib ??? (???) /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
0x93b4f000 - 0x93c1afff  com.apple.ColorSync 4.5.2 (4.5.2) /System/ 
Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
0x93c4e000 - 0x9400cfea  libLAPACK.dylib ??? (???) /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/ 
Versions/A/libLAPACK.dylib
0x9400d000 - 0x9415fff3  com.apple.audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 1.5.2  
(1.5.2) /System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/ 
AudioToolbox
0x94160000 - 0x94207feb  com.apple.QD 3.11.56 (???)  
<a94d0f5438b730e88e5efdb233295c52> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/ 
Versions/A/QD
0x94208000 - 0x9420cfff  libmathCommon.A.dylib ??? (???) /usr/lib/ 
system/libmathCommon.A.dylib
0x9420d000 - 0x9423cfe3  com.apple.AE 402.3 (402.3)  
<b13bfda0ad9314922ee37c0d018d7de9> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AE.framework/Versions/A/AE
0x9423d000 - 0x9425cffa  libJPEG.dylib ??? (???)  
<dad0ee08a8b850d679f024e090984480> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libJPEG.dylib
0x944fe000 - 0x9453ffe7  libRIP.A.dylib ??? (???)  
<69bd09fcd8d8b235cee7a405290d6818> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRIP.A.dylib
0x94679000 - 0x94679ffd  com.apple.vecLib 3.4.2 (vecLib 3.4.2) /System/ 
Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
0x9467a000 - 0x9467cff5  libRadiance.dylib ??? (???)  
<7f14661d29de8cbf01334909542c0fc5> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libRadiance.dylib
0x9467d000 - 0x94684ff7  libCGATS.A.dylib ??? (???)  
<211348279493364e9920adc86484cedd> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libCGATS.A.dylib
0x94685000 - 0x94686ffc  libffi.dylib ??? (???)  
<a3b573eb950ca583290f7b2b4c486d09> /usr/lib/libffi.dylib
0x94a4d000 - 0x94b07fe3  com.apple.CoreServices.OSServices 228 (228)  
<bc83e97f6888673c33f86652677c09cb> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OSServices.framework/ 
Versions/A/OSServices
0x94b27000 - 0x94c08ff7  libxml2.2.dylib ??? (???)  
<4d54971007e14f8d80e6889ee1111f21> /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
0x94c70000 - 0x94c70ff8  com.apple.Cocoa 6.5 (???)  
<e064f94d969ce25cb7de3cfb980c3249> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Cocoa.framework/Versions/A/Cocoa
0x94cc3000 - 0x94f9dff3  com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore 786.11  
(786.13) <9e2d85d52e5e2951aa4dd53c48ccc52f> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/ 
Versions/A/CarbonCore
0x94f9e000 - 0x94faeffc  com.apple.LangAnalysis 1.6.5 (1.6.5)  
<d057feb38163121ffd871c564c692804> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
0x94faf000 - 0x94fb6ffe  libbsm.dylib ??? (???)  
<d25c63378a5029648ffd4b4669be31bf> /usr/lib/libbsm.dylib
0x95081000 - 0x951baff7  libicucore.A.dylib ??? (???)  
<dd8aa51c356e79ef8cdfa341a0d69f5b> /usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib
0x951bb000 - 0x951bbffd  com.apple.Accelerate 1.4.2 (Accelerate  
1.4.2) /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/ 
Accelerate
0x951bc000 - 0x951bcffb  com.apple.installserver.framework 1.0 (8) / 
System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/InstallServer.framework/Versions/A/ 
InstallServer
0x9520d000 - 0x95247fe7  com.apple.coreui 1.2 (62) /System/Library/ 
PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/CoreUI
0x95258000 - 0x95258ffa  com.apple.CoreServices 32 (32)  
<2fcc8f3bd5bbfc000b476cad8e6a3dd2> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices
0x9525a000 - 0x95268ffd  libz.1.dylib ??? (???)  
<5ddd8539ae2ebfd8e7cc1c57525385c7> /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
0x95269000 - 0x9527ffff  com.apple.DictionaryServices 1.0.0 (1.0.0)  
<ad0aa0252e3323d182e17f50defe56fc> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
DictionaryServices.framework/Versions/A/DictionaryServices
0x95294000 - 0x95327ff3  com.apple.ApplicationServices.ATS 3.7 (???)  
<a535fc4982d3acff6530ec25c402e679> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/ 
Versions/A/ATS
0x95328000 - 0x95328ffd  com.apple.Accelerate.vecLib 3.4.2 (vecLib  
3.4.2) /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/ 
Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
0x95329000 - 0x95347fff  libresolv.9.dylib ??? (???)  
<a8018c42930596593ddf27f7c20fe7af> /usr/lib/libresolv.9.dylib
0x95348000 - 0x956e5fef  com.apple.QuartzCore 1.5.8 (1.5.8)  
<a28fa54346a9f9d5b3bef076a1ee0fcf> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore
0x956fc000 - 0x95844ff7  com.apple.ImageIO.framework 2.0.6 (2.0.6)  
<4febd1ccf49ae410e82d12c02ba33b68> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/ImageIO
0x96870000 - 0x96c80fef  libBLAS.dylib ??? (???) /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/ 
Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib
0x96c81000 - 0x96cb8fff  com.apple.SystemConfiguration 1.9.2 (1.9.2)  
<8b26ebf26a009a098484f1ed01ec499c> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration
0x96cb9000 - 0x96d33ff8  com.apple.print.framework.PrintCore 5.5.4  
(245.6) <03d0585059c20cb0bde5e000438c49e1> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/PrintCore
0x96dd8000 - 0x96e5fff7  libsqlite3.0.dylib ??? (???)  
<3334ea5af7a911637413334154bb4100> /usr/lib/libsqlite3.0.dylib
0x96e60000 - 0x96e6afeb  com.apple.audio.SoundManager 3.9.2 (3.9.2)  
<0f2ba6e891d3761212cf5a5e6134d683> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonSound.framework/Versions/ 
A/CarbonSound
0x96e6b000 - 0x9733cfbe  libGLProgrammability.dylib ??? (???)  
<7f18294a7bd0b6afe4319f29187fc70d> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLProgrammability.dylib
0x9733d000 - 0x97359ff3  libPng.dylib ??? (???)  
<9f50967afbd4384e61e68439f81db76c> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
0x9735a000 - 0x97366ff9  com.apple.helpdata 1.0.1 (14.2) /System/ 
Library/PrivateFrameworks/HelpData.framework/Versions/A/HelpData
0x97367000 - 0x9738fff7  com.apple.shortcut 1.0.1 (1.0)  
<131202e7766e327d02d55c0f5fc44ad7> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ 
Shortcut.framework/Versions/A/Shortcut
0x97390000 - 0x973a8ff7  com.apple.CoreVideo 1.6.0 (20.0)  
<dd60118bac9aefaf88d9ab44558f05c4> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
0x973a9000 - 0x973b2fff  com.apple.speech.recognition.framework 3.7.24  
(3.7.24) <d3180f9edbd9a5e6f283d6156aa3c602> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechRecognition.framework/ 
Versions/A/SpeechRecognition
0x973b3000 - 0x973fcfef  com.apple.Metadata 10.5.8 (398.26)  
<e4d268ea45379200f03cdc7c8bedae6f> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/ 
Versions/A/Metadata
0x97404000 - 0x97481feb  com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 3.1.2 (3.1.2)  
<782a08c44be4698597f4bbd79cac21c6> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudio
0x97488000 - 0x974e1ff7  libGLU.dylib ??? (???)  
<a3b9be30100a25a6cd3ad109892f52b7> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
0x974ee000 - 0x974f6fff  com.apple.DiskArbitration 2.2.1 (2.2.1)  
<75b0c8d8940a8a27816961dddcac8e0f> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration
0x97534000 - 0x97614fff  libobjc.A.dylib ??? (???)  
<7b92613fdf804fd9a0a3733a0674c30b> /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
0xfffe8000 - 0xfffebfff  libobjc.A.dylib ??? (???) /usr/lib/ 
libobjc.A.dylib
0xffff0000 - 0xffff1780  libSystem.B.dylib ??? (???) /usr/lib/ 
libSystem.B.dylib

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.7.0, NS apple-appkit-949.46)
  of 2009-07-30 on deborah
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.949
configured using `configure  '--with-ns' '--prefix=/usr/local/emacs''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: nil
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: nil
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: PHP/lw

Minor modes in effect:
   php-completion-mode: t
   c-subword-mode: t
   csv-field-index-mode: t
   desktop-save-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
<return> y <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <down> <down>
<down> <down> <down> c y <down> <down> <down> c y c
y <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <return>
<return> n n n n n <up> <return> n n q s <switch-frame>
<down> M-x e m a c s - b <tab> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> b u <tab> g - <tab> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> e m a c s - <tab> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
r e p <tab> o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Fetching headers for gnu.emacs.help...done
Generating summary...done
No more unread newsgroups
Saving file /Users/slaanesh/.newsrc...
Wrote /Users/slaanesh/.newsrc
Saving /Users/slaanesh/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /Users/slaanesh/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /Users/slaanesh/.newsrc.eld
Saving /Users/slaanesh/.newsrc.eld...done
Making completion list... [4 times]

Olivier