Subject: Re: bug#40623: Feature Request from one of your fans

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 22:55:36 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > I am Ramkumar from India, one of the greatest fans of GNU Emacs. The
  > feature i request to include is, in one word, Minimalism.
  > Most of the Emacs users require a minimalistic version that can handle the
  > text editing related stuff alone.

  > The version can
  > 1) include all text editing options, like syntax highlighting for all
  > codes,org-mode,  buffers, splits, calculator etc ..
  > 2) can ignore other options like, mail, games, calendar, spreadsheet, etc..
  > hence lightening it

Could you explain to me how this pruned-down would be preferable
for some users?  If I may assume that you are one of those users,
how would it be better for you?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)