Subject: bug#40623: Feature Request from one of your fans

From: Ram Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 13:22:34 +0530

Dear Developers,
I am Ramkumar from India, one of the greatest fans of GNU Emacs. The
feature i request to include is, in one word, Minimalism.
Most of the Emacs users require a minimalistic version that can handle the
text editing related stuff alone.

The version can
1) include all text editing options, like syntax highlighting for all
codes,org-mode,  buffers, splits, calculator etc ..
2) can ignore other options like, mail, games, calendar, spreadsheet, etc..
hence lightening it

There are few unofficial editors that has Emacs keybindings only, not the
Emacs power.. so i request you to give us a lighter version in addition to
the complete Powerful tool.

I am a programmer too but in the field of computational physics, so i feel
like it would be easy to leave certain functions than creating a new
function/feature.

I know that you may received many mails like this, please consider this
request.

Thank you for such an awesome Emacs..

Regards
Ramkumar