Subject: bug#40620: closed (Re: bug#40620: 28.0.50; native-comp branch breaks all packages' autoloads.el)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 17:57:01 +0000

Your bug report

#40620: 28.0.50; native-comp branch breaks all packages' autoloads.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40620: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40620
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#40620: 28.0.50; native-comp branch breaks all packages' autoloads.el
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 17:56:17 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"gliao.tw--- via "[email-masked],
the.Swiss.army.knife.of.text.editors"
<[email-masked]>"@mx.sdf.org writes:

> The native-comp branch deems the fololiwng statement
> (add-to-list 'load-path (directory-file-name
>                          (or (file-name-directory #$) (car
> load-path))))
>
> in each elpa/melpa package's (pkg-name)-autoloads.el  as invalid with
> the following error message:
>
> Error loading autoloads: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
>
> As a result, all the rest part of the autloads.el file are not
> evaluated that leads
> to many .elc/el/eln files are not added to load-path.
>
> The last master branch (cloned 2020-4-1-3 22:25 CDT) build does not
> have this
> issue.

Hi,

this is fixed by 8db8c851ad.

Thanks for the quick report, closing it.

  Andrea

-- 
[email-masked]

Subject: 28.0.50; native-comp branch breaks all packages' autoloads.el
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 03:35:58 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The native-comp branch deems the fololiwng statement
(add-to-list 'load-path (directory-file-name
                         (or (file-name-directory #$) (car load-path))))

in each elpa/melpa package's (pkg-name)-autoloads.el  as invalid with
the following error message:

Error loading autoloads: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)

As a result, all the rest part of the autloads.el file are not evaluated that leads
to many .elc/el/eln files are not added to load-path.

The last master branch (cloned 2020-4-1-3 22:25 CDT) build does not have this
issue.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.18, cairo version 1.16.0)
of 2020-04-13 built on sid0
Repository revision: b7678cf10e13727dab300c7162649cafc488e27e
Repository branch: feature/native-comp
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Recent messages:
Auto-saving...done
Auto-saving...done
report-emacs-bug-hook: Please edit the From address and try again
Mark set
Sending...
Sending via mail...
Save this mail sending choice? (y or n) y
Saving file /home/gong-yi/.emacs.d-28/saved-customization.el...
Wrote /home/gong-yi/.emacs.d-28/saved-customization.el
Sending...done
Beginning of buffer
Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/home/gong-yi/.local/emacs/native-comp
--with-nativecomp --with-xwidgets'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  lispy-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  dap-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  sly-symbol-completion-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/gong-yi/.emacs.d-28/elpa/lispy-20200323.1616/elpa hides /home/gong-yi/.emacs.d-28/elpa/ivy-20200319.1247/elpa
/home/gong-yi/.emacs.d-28/elpa/faceup-20170925.1946/faceup hides /home/gong-yi/.local/emacs/native-comp/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/faceup

Features:
(mailalias mailclient qp vc-git diff-mode shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug
message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils lispy swiper ivy colir
ivy-overlay delsel lispy-inline avy edebug backtrace lispy-tags
mode-local rainbow-delimiters face-remap doom-modeline
doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons memoize
my-init configs wrtng-configs prgmg-configs load-theme-buffer-local
noflet cl-indent plan9-theme spacemacs-dark-theme spacemacs-light-theme
spacemacs-common solarized solarized-faces dap-mode dap-overlays lsp-ui
lsp-ui-flycheck derived lsp-ui-doc xwidget image-mode exif bookmark
text-property-search goto-addr lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline
flycheck find-func company-lsp hydra lsp-mode url-util tree-widget
spinner network-stream puny nsm rmc markdown-mode color lv inline imenu
ht filenotify f ewoc em-glob dash-functional dash bindat projectile
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs yasnippet highlight-indentation
company-capf company pcase help-fns radix-tree elpy elpy-rpc pyvenv
eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module
esh-groups esh-util elpy-shell elpy-profile elpy-django s elpy-refactor
python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp ido grep files-x
cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit geiser sly sly-completion
sly-buttons sly-messages sly-common apropos arc-mode archive-mode pp
hyperspec ess-rdired ess-site ess-toolbar ess-jags-d ess-bugs-d
ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-stata-mode ess-stata-lang make-regexp ess-sas-d
ess-sas-l ess-sas-a ess-sp6-d ess-julia julia-mode julia-mode-latexsubs
ess-r-mode ess-r-flymake ess-r-xref ess-trns ess-r-package shell
pcomplete ess-r-completion ess-roxy ess-r-syntax ess-rd hideshow
ess-s-lang ess-help ess-mode ess-inf format-spec ess-tracebug ess
ess-utils ess-custom haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils
haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme rx haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support noutline outline
flymake-proc flymake warnings thingatpt etags fileloop generator xref
project compile dabbrev haskell-customize ui-configs multi-term advice
term disp-table comint ansi-color ehelp ring cl-extra help-mode
gnl-configs edmacro kmacro use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf info package easymenu browse-url
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 511644 33074)
(symbols 48 37966 3)
(strings 32 172715 7519)
(string-bytes 1 6163884)
(vectors 16 51654)
(vector-slots 8 1186924 127062)
(floats 8 731 367)
(intervals 56 947 736)
(buffers 992 15))