Subject: 28.0.50; native-comp branch breaks all packages' autoloads.el

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 03:35:58 +0000

The native-comp branch deems the fololiwng statement
(add-to-list 'load-path (directory-file-name
                         (or (file-name-directory #$) (car load-path))))

in each elpa/melpa package's (pkg-name)-autoloads.el  as invalid with
the following error message:

Error loading autoloads: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)

As a result, all the rest part of the autloads.el file are not evaluated that leads
to many .elc/el/eln files are not added to load-path.

The last master branch (cloned 2020-4-1-3 22:25 CDT) build does not have this
issue.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.18, cairo version 1.16.0)
of 2020-04-13 built on sid0
Repository revision: b7678cf10e13727dab300c7162649cafc488e27e
Repository branch: feature/native-comp
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Recent messages:
Auto-saving...done
Auto-saving...done
report-emacs-bug-hook: Please edit the From address and try again
Mark set
Sending...
Sending via mail...
Save this mail sending choice? (y or n) y
Saving file /home/gong-yi/.emacs.d-28/saved-customization.el...
Wrote /home/gong-yi/.emacs.d-28/saved-customization.el
Sending...done
Beginning of buffer
Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/home/gong-yi/.local/emacs/native-comp
--with-nativecomp --with-xwidgets'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  lispy-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  dap-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  sly-symbol-completion-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/gong-yi/.emacs.d-28/elpa/lispy-20200323.1616/elpa hides /home/gong-yi/.emacs.d-28/elpa/ivy-20200319.1247/elpa
/home/gong-yi/.emacs.d-28/elpa/faceup-20170925.1946/faceup hides /home/gong-yi/.local/emacs/native-comp/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/faceup

Features:
(mailalias mailclient qp vc-git diff-mode shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug
message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils lispy swiper ivy colir
ivy-overlay delsel lispy-inline avy edebug backtrace lispy-tags
mode-local rainbow-delimiters face-remap doom-modeline
doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons memoize
my-init configs wrtng-configs prgmg-configs load-theme-buffer-local
noflet cl-indent plan9-theme spacemacs-dark-theme spacemacs-light-theme
spacemacs-common solarized solarized-faces dap-mode dap-overlays lsp-ui
lsp-ui-flycheck derived lsp-ui-doc xwidget image-mode exif bookmark
text-property-search goto-addr lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline
flycheck find-func company-lsp hydra lsp-mode url-util tree-widget
spinner network-stream puny nsm rmc markdown-mode color lv inline imenu
ht filenotify f ewoc em-glob dash-functional dash bindat projectile
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs yasnippet highlight-indentation
company-capf company pcase help-fns radix-tree elpy elpy-rpc pyvenv
eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module
esh-groups esh-util elpy-shell elpy-profile elpy-django s elpy-refactor
python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp ido grep files-x
cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit geiser sly sly-completion
sly-buttons sly-messages sly-common apropos arc-mode archive-mode pp
hyperspec ess-rdired ess-site ess-toolbar ess-jags-d ess-bugs-d
ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-stata-mode ess-stata-lang make-regexp ess-sas-d
ess-sas-l ess-sas-a ess-sp6-d ess-julia julia-mode julia-mode-latexsubs
ess-r-mode ess-r-flymake ess-r-xref ess-trns ess-r-package shell
pcomplete ess-r-completion ess-roxy ess-r-syntax ess-rd hideshow
ess-s-lang ess-help ess-mode ess-inf format-spec ess-tracebug ess
ess-utils ess-custom haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils
haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme rx haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support noutline outline
flymake-proc flymake warnings thingatpt etags fileloop generator xref
project compile dabbrev haskell-customize ui-configs multi-term advice
term disp-table comint ansi-color ehelp ring cl-extra help-mode
gnl-configs edmacro kmacro use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf info package easymenu browse-url
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 511644 33074)
(symbols 48 37966 3)
(strings 32 172715 7519)
(string-bytes 1 6163884)
(vectors 16 51654)
(vector-slots 8 1186924 127062)
(floats 8 731 367)
(intervals 56 947 736)
(buffers 992 15))