Subject: Re: bug#4061: 23.1.50; C-x C-v and saveplace

From: Karl Fogel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 12:39:02 -0400

Okay, this is fixed now:

  $ cat log-message.txt
  * lisp/files.el (find-alternate-file): Run `kill-buffer-hook' manually
    before killing the old buffer, since by the time `kill-buffer' is
    run so many buffer variables have been set to nil that it may not
    behave as expected.  (Bug#4061)
  $ cvs ci -F log-message.txt files.el ChangeLog
  /sources/emacs/emacs/lisp/files.el,v  <--  files.el
  new revision: 1.1078; previous revision: 1.1077
  /sources/emacs/emacs/lisp/ChangeLog,v  <--  ChangeLog
  new revision: 1.16100; previous revision: 1.16099
  Mailing notification to [email-masked]... sent.
  $ 

Leo, please test if you get a chance and let us know if you run into any
problems.

Notes on closing:

I'm closing this report now by sending this mail to 4061-done@, as
documented on http://debbugs.gnu.org/Developer#closing.  I'm
not positive that's the Right Way to do it, but since much of the
documentation is still written in terms of Debian GNU/Linux instead of
Emacs, and http://debbugs.gnu.org/server-control#fixed
doesn't clarify either (for example, what should the "version" be?  The
version the bug was reported against, or the version the fix is likely
to be be released in?), this is as good a guess as any.  If someone
knows the Right Way, please tell me, or better yet, document it where
developers are likely to find it.

-Karl