Subject: Re: bug#4061: 23.1.50; C-x C-v and saveplace

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:01:11 +0100

On 2009-08-16 17:11 +0100, Karl Fogel wrote:
> Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Hi Karl, are you still maintaining saveplace.el?  Could you take a look
>> at this bug report?
>
> Yes, I'll take a look.  Thank you for calling my attention to it.
>
> -Karl

I have been using the following simple defadvice.

(defadvice find-alternate-file (before save-place activate)
  "Save place before `find-alternate-file'."
  (save-place-to-alist))

But I think a solution involving no defadvice is better.

Hope this helps.

Leo

-- 
Leo's Emacs uptime: 13 days, 13 hours, 56 minutes, 25 seconds