Subject: 1.1.0rc2 i686 gui install unreadable

From: Niels Felsted <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 16:02:00 +0200

Hello

I have have installed guix on a old laptop from. I dd'ed the iso file:

guix-system-install-1.1.0rc2.i686-linux.iso

on a usb stick, and booted from it.

It boots directly into a ncurses gui, but the screen is distorted and
it is not possible to read anything. I have attached an image showing
the issue.

I finished the install using the terminal on tty3.

I have tested the current 1.0.1 iso also, and the ncurses gui looks
fine there (though the actual install fails compiling some amdgpu
package).

The laptop is a Acer aspire 3680, with Intel Celeron cpu, 1.5gb ram
and the following graphics card:

~$ lspci | grep -e "VGA"
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

br
Niels Felsted