Subject: bug#40590:

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 12:09:04 +0200

Hello,

Thanks for your answer!

> The amd option didn't work, but nomodeset allowed me to get to a shell,
> at which point I could start experimenting with various settings to see
> if I could get a graphical environment. I finally did by switching over
> to the proprietary kernel (which points to a graphical driver issue with
> AMD Navi cards in the libre kernel), but that's obviously less than ideal.
>
> Still, it means I can finally start using the system in earnest. Thanks
> for all your help!

It is deserved after all the efforts :p. I sent patches for the issues
you had (partitioning issue[1] and efivarfs[2] support). Now for the
graphical issue, if you find a workaround, maybe using uvesafb as
suggested by Florian, please let us know.

Thanks,

Mathieu

[1]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/36783
[2]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2020-04/msg00707.html.