Subject: bug#40590:

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 08:44:17 +0200

Hello,

> Just in case its relevant, I did the installation twice (both through
> TTY in order to run the mount/rm commands):
> 1. 2 partitions, boot and encrypted root w/ swapfile, using desktop.scm
> as a base
> 2. 3 partitions, boot, root, and a swap partition, using
> lightweight-desktop.scm as a base
> Both had the same results.

Ok, thanks for your perseverance! I see that someone in experimenting
system freeze with a hardware close to yours[1].

Could you try adding the following kernel parameters (via Grub by
pressing 'e', then appending the option at the end of the cmdline):

* nomodeset

and if it doesn't work:

* amd_iommu=pt ivrs_ioapic[32]=00:14.0 iommu=soft

Thanks,

Mathieu

[1]: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/54378