Subject: bug#40590:

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 08:59:04 +0200

Hey,

>> * This custom release[3]: 1.1.0-rc2 + the patch suggested by Danny for
>> partitions > 1TiB.
>> [3]: Via ipfs: QmbbkQZc7fbsDrutNwVuvpFep3dBjZx6muni3WgXjRneq7
> It occured to me that the Samsung drive might have been corrupted at
> some point, so I dd'd /dev/zero into the first few gigabytes of the
> drive to completely wipe the partition table. Sure enough, it showed up
> on the partitioning stage of the graphical installer and I was able get
> all the way through to the end... except for the same efibootmgr error.

Ok! So it seems that the additional patch is improving the situation. I
also fear that 1.1.0-rc2 is having the same error as 1.0.1 but is
swallowing it. I will investigate it further.

Regarding the efibootmgr error, I'm not really familiar with EFI. Can
you check that efivarfs is mounted as suggested here[1]?

Thanks,

Mathieu

[1]: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/379774/grub-installation-failed