Subject: bug#40590:

From: "Keyhenge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 19:59:27 -0400

First off, thanks for your help so far!

> Did you use 1.0.1 image or a more recent one?
I was using the Guix System 1.0.1 x86_64 image here:
https://guix.gnu.org/download/

> Did you mount your EFI partition to "/mnt/boot/efi" before 
> starting the
> install?
Yep. Not mounting it yields a different error (cannot find 
canonical
path of /mnt/boot/efi)
I'll also confirm I'm setting the esp flag on the partition.

> Now, if you could try again with:
>
> * The 1.1.0-rc2 release available here[2].
- The graphical installer displays normal behavior up to when 
  making the
partitions, where it resets the installation without displaying an
error
- Installation through TTY has the same behavior as before, 
  efibootmgr
failed to register the boot entry: Input/output error

> * This custom release[3]: 1.1.0-rc2 + the patch suggested by 
> Danny for
> partitions > 1TiB.
- Graphical installation has an oddity, my Samsung drive has 
  disappeared
from the disk selection in both guided and manual partitioning
- Strangely, my WD Blue 2TB drive (also an SSD) with the NixOS
installation shows up just fine
- While it is possible to access the Samsung drive from the TTY, 
  and
even wipe it/make new partitions, trying to populate the 
partitions with
filesystems will result in them saying they're in use or already
mounted. I suspect this is also why it's not showing up in the 
graphical
installation.