Subject: bug#40573: 27.0.90; flymake-mode broken in scratch buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 16:41:29 +0300

> From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 21:17:47 +0100
> Cc: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>, Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, 
> 	Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> 
>  The new mode should be called out in NEWS, yes.
> 
> Do you suggest any starting suggestion fpr phrasing? 

Just that there's this new mode, and what files will (or should) turn
it on.

> I ask because you frequently find flaws in my
> English.

You make it sound like fixing the wording or changing it is some kind
of sin that you need to apologize.  It isn't: I frequently find
phrases or wording in the documentation that could be improved, and
when I do, I fix them.  Others fix what I wrote when they find similar
opportunities.  This is routine, and says nothing bad about you or
your English.  No one can excel in everything they do, and there's no
need to apologize or feel victimized when someone improves some text
you wrote.

>  Please don't make this backward-incompatible change.  Let's keep the
>  API of this function unchanged.
> 
> OK.  See the latest commit.

LGTM, thanks.