Subject: bug#40573: 27.0.90; flymake-mode broken in scratch buffer

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 01:20:19 +0100

João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 12:56 PM Basil L. Contovounesios <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>  gnus-adaptive-file-suffix, respectively.  Would these suffixes be unique
>  enough on their own to be added to auto-mode-alist?  Perhaps
>  gnus-score.el could do this after evaluating the defcustoms.
>
> auto-mode-alist has comments near it that discourage it.

Okay, but we could still statically add the default values to
auto-mode-alist, as was suggested elsewhere in this thread.

> I also think we have to understand that auto-mode-alist has the
> potential to introduce false positives.  We don't want too many of
> those...

Indeed, hence my comment on whether "*.SCORE" files are sufficiently
unique.

>  As for automatically adding a -*- mode -*- cookie - my guess is that
>  gnus-score-save is the right place.
>
> Awesome, thanks. Well if you're confident about your guess. I think
> I've shown how easy it is to add them, so I'd personally feel free to 
> submit a patch or to push to that branch (or to add a git commit
> and publish your branch somewhere else, if you don't have push
> permissions).

If no-one beats me to it, I'll submit a patch for the Gnus folks to
review after lisp-data-mode lands.

Thanks,

-- 
Basil