Subject: bug#40573: 27.0.90; flymake-mode broken in scratch buffer

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 13:03:15 +0100

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 12:56 PM Basil L. Contovounesios <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> gnus-adaptive-file-suffix, respectively.  Would these suffixes be unique
> enough on their own to be added to auto-mode-alist?  Perhaps
> gnus-score.el could do this after evaluating the defcustoms.
>

auto-mode-alist has comments near it that discourage it.  I also
think we have to understand that auto-mode-alist has the potential
to introduce false positives.  We don't want too many of those...

As for automatically adding a -*- mode -*- cookie - my guess is that
> gnus-score-save is the right place.
>

Awesome, thanks. Well if you're confident about your guess. I think
I've shown how easy it is to add them, so I'd personally feel free to
submit a patch or to push to that branch (or to add a git commit
and publish your branch somewhere else, if you don't have push
permissions).

João