Subject: Re: bug#40573: 27.0.90; flymake-mode broken in scratch buffer

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 20:19:14 +0300

> From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 16:55:07 +0100
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], 
> 	Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> 
> Can you explain what is dirty about having that mode for a subset
> of files that _could_ make use of it and having the user select
> it via M-x lisp-data-mode when he thinks it's useful?

I already did, many times.  I have nothing new to say about this.

> Can you give
> evidence of any benefit to your all-or-nothing stance here?

I don't have to give any evidence.  We both have our opinions, and
they are different.  Please respect mine.

> I've explained, many times, that turning it on automatically for 
> non-generated files, is impossible to achieve.  Do you disagree 
> with this statement?

Yes, I do.  Also mentioned more than once.

Can we please stop this futile going in circles?