Subject: bug#40572: installer networking: Connman detects no technologies on Acer Aspire

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 02:43:44 +0200

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 12:25:34AM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> skribis:
> If you could test it, that’d be great.  I guess I’ll owe you a couple of
> beverages of your choice when we meet in real life!
> 
> Ludo’.
> 

The installer crashed again after entering a newly invented hostname
“a” (perhaps it was already in use from my previous attempt?).  But
later my normal hostname “florianmacbook” worked and network
technologies failed.  The hostname command displays “gnu” now.

Here are the log files.  From among the dbus trace files, only
dbus.trace.301 is different after the installer crashed (see “diff
logs/dbus.trace.301 logs/after-network-failed/dbus.trace.301”).
Though you may be more interested in early trace logs/dbus.trace.228.
But I’m going to sleep now. ;)

Regards,
Florian