Subject: Re: bug#40572: installer networking: Connman detects no technologies on Acer Aspire

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 00:19:46 +0200

Hi,

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 08:14:15PM +0200, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 07:11:19PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> > So, could you move away the connman.service patch and try instead the
>> > attached patch.  It’ll create /dbus.trace.* files, which should allow us
>> > to see how dbus-daemon stopped.
>> > 
>> > TIA!
>> 
>> I will try ASAP now that I reinstalled.  Expect results in 1 1/2 hours.
>
> Sorry it took so long.  I had trouble getting GDM to work after using
> guix from version-1.1.0 and needed GDM to run Brasero.  Using the
> older system-wide guix that came with the rc2 install helped.  But the
> trouble is possibly specific to my Macbook.
>
> Here is the only trace file in /.

Apparently dbus-daemon started just fine right from the start.  Problem
solved?  :-)  Or did connmand fail to start anyway?

If you still have the image around, could you try booting it several
time in the hope dbus-daemon will fail to start like you showed
previously?

Thanks a *lot* for all the testing!

I think we’ll delay the release for one more day so we can investigate
this and the graphics card issue.

Ludo’.