Subject: bug#40572: installer networking: Connman detects no technologies on Acer Aspire

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 17:03:47 +0200

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 03:18:29PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> The attach patch changes connman so that ‘net.connman.service’ is
> installed.
> 
> Does it make any difference?

Now with the patch DVD install from Macbook works fine.  I will try
the same patched DVD on the other two old laptops now.  Thank you all
of you, Danny, Matthieu, Ludo!

I cannot judge if the patch is right for master, but my issue here
affects DVD installation on at least my three machines here.

I do not know if the Wifi issue
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-04/msg00246.html>
is related.  Half a month ago a friend could not connect to Wifi from
the installer on an HP laptop although Ethernet (maybe after a reboot)
worked fine.  But I have no data and no access to that machine
currently, so I cannot try the connman patch there.  I only have
Ethernet here.

Regards,
Florian