Subject: Re: [bug#40559] [PATCH] gnu: cryptsetup: Update to 2.3.1.

From: Vincent Legoll <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 23:36:54 +0200

On 16/04/2020 18:22, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Vincent Legoll <[email-masked]> skribis:
> 
>> Untested
> 
> Could you test it with “make check-system TESTS=encrypted-root-os”?
> It takes time and disk space, but that’s a good way to make sure
> cryptsetup is still able to decrypt our LUKS partitions.

OK, I'm trying it, but seems stuck.

Almost two hours passed since one of the tests has begun, and it
looks like it does not make any progress.

output is here:

--------------------------------8<-----------------------------------
SeaBIOS (version rel-1.12.0-59-gc9ba5276e321-prebuilt.qemu.org)

iPXE (http://ipxe.org) 00:03.0 CA00 PCI2.10 PnP PMM+0FF90830+0FEF0830 CA00

Booting from Hard Disk...
GRUB loading..
Welcome to GRUB!

Attempting to decrypt master key...
Enter passphrase for hd0,gpt2 (12345678123412341234123456789abc):
Slot 0 opened
--------------------------------8<-----------------------------------

guixbui+ 14560  0.7  1.6 682316 275948 ?       Sl   21:47   0:45 
  \_ 
/gnu/store/pzqfxg3kihc6zqdg581ww7mgnwhbh7bh-qemu-minimal-4.2.0/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 
-no-reboot -m 256 -drive file=disk.img,if=virtio -nographic -monitor 
unix:/tmp/monitor -chardev socket,id=repl,path=/tmp/repl -device 
virtio-serial -device virtserialport,chardev=repl,name=org.gnu.guix.port.0

started at 21:47, it's now 23:30

It's running in a VM with lots of ram & cores, virtual disk on a nvme,
my patch rebased on guix/master at:
90ec7085793700552359d9d409287528437f0280

Anything more I can do ?

-- 
Vincent Legoll