Subject: Re: bug#40550: zsh: sudo is not setuid

From: "Alexandru-Sergiu Marton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 07:46:58 +0300

On Sun Apr 12, 2020 at 1:38 AM PST, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> Do you have sudo installed in a profile? /run/setuid-programs/sudo
> should be the first 'sudo' in your PATH regardless of the shell. What's
> the contents of your $PATH?

This is my $PATH in zsh:
/home/brown/bin:/home/brown/.local/bin:/home/brown/.guix-profile/bin:/home/brown/.guix-profile/sbin:/run/current-system/profile/bin

> (ins)efraim@E5400 ~$ which -a sudo
> /run/setuid-programs/sudo
> /run/current-system/profile/bin/sudo

$ which -a sudo
/run/current-system/profile/bin/sudo

BUT!

$ ls /run/setuid-programs/
dbus-daemon-launch-helper  newuidmap  pkexec                 sudoedit
fusermount                 passwd     polkit-agent-helper-1  umount
mount                      ping       su
newgidmap                  ping6      sudo

So it looks like it's a problem with my PATH. While in bash I don't
append /run/setuid-programs to it manually, yet bash recognizes the
setuid programs. I'll probably add /run/setuid-programs by hand but I'm
wondering why doesn't it work by default.

Thanks,
Sergiu