Subject: Re: bug#40542: wip-hurm-vm build failure

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 17:46:09 +0200

Christopher Howard writes:

> Hi, I am attempting to create a hurd vm as described in
> https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2020/a-hello-world-virtual-machine-running-the-hurd/. At
> what appears to be maybe the last build step, I'm getting a build
> failure due to inabilty to git fetch.

> fatal: reference is not a tree: 9ae76b7b8317789d66a909b767abb6edf1cda79b

Yes; this was an oversight; 9ae76b7b8317789d66a909b767abb6edf1cda79b was
a public commit before but not after I reset the branch.  I forgot to
rewrite the guix update commit.

Ludovic and I didn't notice right away because we had that commit
locally.

I have just reset wip-hurm-vm, it should work now.

Thanks!
janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com