Subject: wip-hurm-vm build failure

From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 07:53:01 -0800

Hi, I am attempting to create a hurd vm as described in 
https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2020/a-hello-world-virtual-machine-running-the-hurd/
. At what appears to be maybe the last build step, I'm getting a build
failure due to inabilty to git fetch.
Error:
"""building /gnu/store/qv1ajfwsmj1pyb5r2qqsk4hmr3cpk7z7-guix-1.0.1-
hurd-16.9ae76b7-checkout.drv...substitute: updating substitutes from '
https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%guile: warning: failed to install
localeenvironment variable `PATH' set to
`/gnu/store/378zjf2kgajcfd7mfr98jn5xyc5wa3qv-gzip-
1.10/bin:/gnu/store/sf3rbvb6iqcphgm1afbplcs72hsywg25-tar-
1.32/bin'Initialized empty Git repository in
/gnu/store/gc0p3ggdlgfrjwmcrlidi9fsqnzxy5ni-guix-1.0.1-hurd-16.9ae76b7-
checkout/.git/error: Server does not allow request for unadvertised
object 9ae76b7b8317789d66a909b767abb6edf1cda79bFailed to do a shallow
fetch; retrying a full fetch...From https://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/guix
 * [new branch]      core-updates            -> origin/core-
updates<...snip...> * [new tag]               v1.1.0rc1               -
> v1.1.0rc1fatal: reference is not a tree:
9ae76b7b8317789d66a909b767abb6edf1cda79bgit-fetch:
'/gnu/store/nlv05phfx181m1dlp7w97nvfdp804i3x-git-minimal-2.26.0/bin/git 
checkout 9ae76b7b8317789d66a909b767abb6edf1cda79b' failed with exit
code 128Trying content-addressed mirror at berlin.guixsd.org...Trying
content-addressed mirror at berlin.guixsd.org...Trying to download from
Software Heritage...Backtrace:           4 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/z26x59p7dfn6xnpcjsq3rhhgg1j?")In
./guix/swh.scm:   573:13  3 (swh-download "
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/guix.git" ?)   224:22  2 (call "
https://archive.softwareheritage.org/api/1/revi?" ?)In
web/client.scm:    563:0  1 (http-get "
https://archive.softwareheritage.org/api/1/?" ?)    231:6  0 (tls-wrap
#<closed: file 7ffff6f1e690> _ # _)
web/client.scm:231:6: In procedure tls-wrap:Error while printing
exception.builder for `/gnu/store/qv1ajfwsmj1pyb5r2qqsk4hmr3cpk7z7-
guix-1.0.1-hurd-16.9ae76b7-checkout.drv' failed with exit code 1build
of /gnu/store/qv1ajfwsmj1pyb5r2qqsk4hmr3cpk7z7-guix-1.0.1-hurd-
16.9ae76b7-checkout.drv failedView build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/qv/1ajfwsmj1pyb5r2qqsk4hmr3cpk7z7-guix-1.0.1-hurd-
16.9ae76b7-checkout.drv.bz2'.cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/8jvyg0fn6ga80qcfpgq3a6jc9x00498b-guix-1.0.1-hurd-
16.9ae76b7.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be builtguix build: error:
build of `/gnu/store/8jvyg0fn6ga80qcfpgq3a6jc9x00498b-guix-1.0.1-hurd-
16.9ae76b7.drv' failed"""
My system:christopher@eowyn ----------------- OS: Guix System
e5afc63bd9d89bc8f6c64d68e6b707d87cdadbd3 x86_64 Host: Vostro 230
00 Kernel: 5.4.30-gnu Uptime: 3 days, 21 hours Packages: 55 (guix-
system), 85 (guix-user) Shell: bash 5.0.7 Resolution: 1920x1200 DE:
GNOME Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3] Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3] Terminal: .gnome-
terminal CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 (2) @ 2.534GHz GPU: Intel 4 Series
Chipset Memory: 3250MiB / 7929MiB 
Steps to reproducechecked out 8229a0e244df37280b0c332fbd1edcf66fd34b66
(wip-hurd-vm)christopher@eowyn ~/Repos/guix-herd$ guix environment guix
--purechristopher@eowyn ~/Repos/guix-herd
[env]$ ./bootstrap christopher@eowyn ~/Repos/guix-herd [env]$
./configure --localstatedir=/var
christopher@eowyn ~/Repos/guix-herd [env]$ make -j 1christopher@eowyn ~/Repos/guix-herd [env]$ ./pre-inst-env guix build -f gnu/system/hurd.scm
-- 
Christopher Howard
Enterprise Solutions Manager
Alaska Satellite Internet
PO Box 70, Ester, AK 99725
3239 La Ree Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709
907.451.0088
1.888.396.5623
www.alaskasatelliteinternet.com