Subject: bug#40542: wip-hurm-vm build failure

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 07:46:48 +0200

Christopher Howard writes:

> I'm having some trouble playing around with the VM, because a lot of
> weird things are happening with keyboard input into the qemu
> window. It seems like the meta keys (shift, ctrl, alt, super) are
> behaving in strange ways, or that terminal state is getting corrupted
> somehow. E.g., sometimes shift key stops working, or the cursors jumps
> up to the middle of the screen, or text gets garbled.

Since yesterday I've been seeing that too.  I'm pretty sure that if you
build a VM from core-uupdates, the console is fine.

I haven't looked into the details of the console/tty setup, so I must
have messed-up something.  Sorry!

Meanwhile we do have ssh login :-)

The startup now goes like this

    startup -> runsystem -> init -> runsystem.hurd -> rc -> shepherd

and; i would like to move towards

    -startup -> rc -> shepherd

if that's possible.

Greetings,
janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com