Subject: Re: bug#40542: wip-hurm-vm build failure

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 23:23:14 +0200

Hi,

Christopher Howard <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Okay, I was just about to report that I successfully built the VM using
> commit ef33718a5cc486dd34378e6a8fcfcbb920ff7a8a from wip-hurd-vm. The
> VM started fine and I was able to run the guile shell and the ls shell
> command. Was going to try to install Emacs next.
>
> For screenshots, is there something equivalent to `cat /proc/version`
> to show running kernel version?

I think you can do something like:

  settrans -ca /proc /hurd/procfs
  cat /proc/version

Or just “uname -a”.

Can’t wait to see the screenshot!  :-)

Note: I don’t think janneke has tried building anything as high in the
stack as Emacs, that sounds a bit ambitious for a start.

Ludo’.