Subject: bug#40541: closed (Re: bug#40541: 28.0.50; macOS: Cursor color doesn't restore after the frame changes from unfocused to focused)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 09:25:01 +0000

Your bug report

#40541: 28.0.50; macOS: Cursor color doesn't restore after the frame changes from unfocused to focused

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40541: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40541
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#40541: 28.0.50; macOS: Cursor color doesn't restore after the frame changes from unfocused to focused
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Cc: HaiJun Zhang <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 11:24:33 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Alan Third <[email-masked]> writes:

> Interesting that you both appear to be using 10.13. I made some changes
> that affect 10.13 rendering on the master branch recently. Can one of
> you please check whether you still see this on master?

I can no longer reproduce this on current master.  Since there has
been no other reply within 3 weeks, I'm going to assume this is fixed
and close this bug.  If anyone is still seeing this, please report
back and we can reopen the bug.  Thanks.

Subject: 28.0.50; macOS: Cursor color doesn't restore after the frame changes from unfocused to focused
From: HaiJun Zhang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 23:36:30 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Reproducing steps:
1. emacs -Q
2. M-x blink-cursor-mode
3. menu-->Options-->Set default font-->choose a bigger size
4. M-x load-theme light-blue
5. switch to other app and then back to Emacs
6. The color of the cursor doesn't restore.
7. After a mouse click in the emacs frame, the cursor color restores.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin17.7.0, NS appkit-1561.61 Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G12034))
of 2020-04-10 built on jundeMac
Repository revision: e18c24b35a7cf9bb1b91288b706fa448ed28a7c2
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1561
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.13.6

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Blink-Cursor mode disabled
funcall-interactively: End of buffer [7 times]

Configured using:
'configure --with-mac --with-modules --disable-acl --without-makeinfo
'CFLAGS=-O2 -g0''

Configured features:
RSVG GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS
MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
 value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
 locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
 tooltip-mode: t
 global-eldoc-mode: t
 eldoc-mode: t
 electric-indent-mode: t
 mouse-wheel-mode: t
 tool-bar-mode: t
 menu-bar-mode: t
 file-name-shadow-mode: t
 global-font-lock-mode: t
 font-lock-mode: t
 auto-composition-mode: t
 auto-encryption-mode: t
 auto-compression-mode: t
 line-number-mode: t
 transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x
cl-loaddefs cl-lib cus-start cus-load light-blue-theme china-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 52410 13532)
(symbols 48 6858 1)
(strings 32 17060 1106)
(string-bytes 1 524325)
(vectors 16 9827)
(vector-slots 8 183804 8540)
(floats 8 20 46)
(intervals 56 183 0)
(buffers 992 10))