Subject: bug#40529: 26.3; global-display-line-numbers-mode and flymake-show-diagnostics-buffer error

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 16:43:17 +0300

> From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 13:22:34 +0100
> Cc: Aidan Beggs <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> But after some analysis, I think it is tabulated-list-mode, or rather
> its recent adaptation to display-line-numbers-mode, which is in the
> wrong here.  It used to be that using a mode derived from
> tabulated-list-mode didn't immediately force a request for refreshing its 
> rows.  After display-line-numbers-mode came along, that ceased to be
> true in some situations.
> 
> Reading the special code in tabulated-list-mode concerned with line
> numbers, the latter seem to affect only the header line, not the
> buffer's contents.  So this seems to be the correct fix:

I don't remember all the callers/users of tabulated-list-mode, so I
cannot be sure your patch is correct.  (Why only update the header?
the columns below the header need to be realigned as well, no?  See
tabulated-line-print-col, for example.)

However, if you are convinced it's TRT, I'm okay with doing that on
master.  On the release branch, please try to find a solution that is
not in tabulated-list-mode, but in Flymake.

TIA