Subject: Re: bug#40525: inferior process on core-updates crashes: mmap(PROT_NONE) failed

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 11:02:20 +0200

Hi,

Glad you manage to get more info.

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Following up on this, I've built Guile on core-updates with libgc@7
> rather than libgc@8 (which is what's used above), and I can't reproduce
> the issue. So, I'm getting more certain that this is a regression which
> the libgc upgrade has led to.

Bah.  :-/

We noticed similar issues with libgc@8 earlier but it seemed to be
fixed:

  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36812

> Would it be feasible to keep guile, or at least the guile Guix uses with
> libgc@7 for now?

Yes, we can define a Guile variant in (gnu packages guile) and have
(guix self) refer to it.

Thanks,
Ludo’.