Subject: bug#40513: Tooltips with images

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 11:27:37 -0700

tags 40513 + wontfix
close 40513
thanks

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> In either case, I don't think that all this should be of any importance
> for you: If you want to show an image in a tooltip, you will have to use
> the native Emacs tooltip anyway, so set 'x-gtk-use-system-tooltips' to
> nil and you are done.  If you insist on using GTK tooltips (something I
> recommend only to hardcore GTK fans) you will have to live with the fact
> that sometimes a native Emacs tooltip will pop up in case GTK has not
> caught up with initializing the tooltip data for a new frame.

No further comments within over 2 years.  From reading the bug report
and Martin's reply, it sounds like we are okay with the way things are
currently.  I'm therefore closing this bug report.

If this conclusion is incorrect and this is still an issue, please reply
to this email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can
reopen the bug report.