Subject: Re: [bug#40510] [PATCH] gnu: Add wolf-shaper.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 23:59:01 +0200

Hi Alexandros,

Alexandros Theodotou <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From ff5050712a95e5dc84325ecceac50f84cd71ee14 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Alexandros Theodotou <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 17:30:45 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH 2/2] gnu: Add wolf-spectrum.
>
> * gnu/packages/music.scm (wolf-spectrum): New variable.

[...]

> +    (synopsis "2D spectrogram plugin")
> +    (description "Wolf Spectrum is a real-time 2D spectrogram plugin.
> +It is provided as an LV2 plugin and as a standalone Jack application.")
> +    (home-page "https://pdesaulniers.github.io/wolf-shaper/")
> +    (license license:gpl3)))

[...]

> From 80dbd4b8eea3beea8eb312acdb56374f486bb9b7 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Alexandros Theodotou <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 17:21:19 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add wolf-shaper.
>
> * gnu/packages/music.scm (wolf-shaper): New variable.

[...]

> +    (synopsis "Waveshaper plugin")
> +    (description "Wolf Shaper is a waveshaper plugin with a graph editor.
> +It is provided as an LV2 plugin and as a standalone Jack application.")
> +    (home-page "https://pdesaulniers.github.io/wolf-shaper/")
> +    (license license:gpl3)))

Applied!

Two comments though:

  1. I believe the license is really ‘gpl3+’ because I don’t see
     anything saying “version 3 only”.  However, the situation is a bit
     confused because source files apparently still contain the ISC
     license header, perhaps an omission since the projects were
     apparently recently relicensed.

  2. The synopses could be improved: plugin for what? What application
     domain?  The descriptions could also be expounded a bit, and this
     would make ‘guix search’ happier.  :-)

Could you follow up on these two things?

Thanks,
Ludo’.