Subject: bug#40508: 26.2; shr does not make h1 tag larger if variable-pitch font is set

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 09:49:44 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This is because variable-pitch is listed first in the face  setting and
>> if it is set with size then it overrides the settings coming later:
>>
>> (defun shr-tag-h1 (dom)
>>   (shr-heading dom (if shr-use-fonts
>>                '(variable-pitch (:height 1.3 :weight bold))
>>              'bold)))
>
> Would reversing the order fix this problem?  Untested patch below.

Well, no, and the order isn't the problem at all -- it's that if you set
the font that way in a face, it doesn't really matter what else you add
to the spec afterwards, as far as I can see.

If what you were trying to achieve was to make the face bigger, then you
can increase the size by (for instance) 20% with this:

(set-face-attribute 'variable-pitch nil :height 120)

So this isn't an eww bug, and I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no