Subject: Re: bug#40493: installer: Provide a way to select multiple keyboard layouts

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2020 17:24:48 +0200

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 09:25:58AM +0200, Mathieu Othacehe wrote:

[...]

>> In the future it would be nice to be able to extract %non-latin-layout
>> by parsing the base file in xkeyboard-config, rather than by maintaining
>> this list, but that's a minor point, and I guess new keyboard layouts
>> are not coming out every day :p
>
> Yes, but the source in
> /gnu/store/wsykijz9a1p7gx3z8hlmn58v5f5bswp7-xkeyboard-config-2.29/share/X11/xkb/rules/base
> looks like this:
>
> // If you want non-latin layouts implicitly include the en_US layout
> // uncomment lines below
> //! $nonlatin = am ara ben bd bg bt by cs deva ge gh gr guj guru il \
> //              in ir iku jp kan kh kr la lao lk mk mm mn mv mal olck \
> //              ori pk ru scc sy syr tel th tj tam ua uz
>
> I am not sure if parsing that (and filtering out "kr") is worth it.

Uh, agreed, it doesn’t look like something parseable.  Also, presumably
that list won’t change much over time :-), so it’s OK to have it
hard-coded in Guix IMO.

Ludo’.