Subject: bug#40493: closed (Re: bug#40493: installer: Provide a way to select multiple keyboard layouts)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2020 04:15:02 +0000

Your bug report

#40493: installer: Provide a way to select multiple keyboard layouts

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40493: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40493
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#40493: installer: Provide a way to select multiple keyboard layouts
From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 06:14:11 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 03:22:34PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Go for it, thank you!

I added some more heuristics on whether a layout is Latin or not and
after much testing pushed as 91c231a2223440081426929828a23c7baa0214fd.
There are still few false positives like non-Kana Japanese layouts
that are Latin but toggle to U.S.  They can be fixed later.

More importantly with 7bc71025ccd0fabd739803889825e10341fbabdf I also
fixed a layout’s empty variant "" not being a choice in the installer.
The "" variant is the only variant of the Azerbaijani layout providing
the Latin script Azerbaijan uses since a few decades, so it is
important.  I hope the code is alright; maybe I should not have just
pushed, but I believe it is alright.

Marking as done.

Regards,
Florian

Subject: installer: Provide a way to select multiple keyboard layouts
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 19:12:34 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

The installer gained support for keyboard layout switching from every
step recently[1].

It is also possible with commit 2729cb406d9f3e9eb22cc660f887138134edb3a8
to specify comma-separated keyboard layouts, this way:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(keyboard-layout "ar,us" #:options '("grp:alt_shift_toggle"))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Now it would be nice to support multiple keyboard layout selection from
the installer, so that a configuration like to one above is generated.

Thanks,

Mathieu

[1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2020-03/msg00381.html