Subject: [bug#40480] Re: [bug#40480] [PATCH v3] services: Add file-system utils to profile.

From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 12:18:25 +0000

Tobias,

Thank you for taking the time to review this patch.

> I'm amused that bcachefs is amongst this list so I'll test it on a
> bcachefs system and get back to you.

I'm not sure  if it'll works, I've  just searched the packages  for all 
the
file system utilities that were available  in Guix to make the mapping. 
You
will at least need to patch your kernel to get bcachefs working 
properly.

> In the next revision and future patches, please write ‘utilities’
> instead of ‘utils’, ‘operating-system’ instead of ‘os’, &c. (in
> prose and code).  In general, in Scheme, avoid all the tedious and
> unnecessary abbreviation fashionable in some other languages.

This is still difficult for me especially for such widely used
abbreviations. I have kept OS in gnu/system.scm because it's used
extensively there and that 'boot-file-system-service' is modeled onto
'non-boot-file-system-service'. About the usage of 'utils' you may want 
to
rename %base-package-utils introduced in 93664feee1.

Cheers,
- Brice