Subject: [bug#40468] [PATCH 3/3] gnu: Add shiru-lv2.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 14:25:11 -0400

On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 10:28:35PM +0100, Alexandros Theodotou wrote:
> * gnu/packages/music.scm (shiru-lv2): New variable.

Thanks!

> +(define-public shiru-lv2
> +  (let ((commit "08853f99140012234649e67e5647906fda74f6cc")
> +        (revision "1"))
> +    (package/inherit dragonfly-reverb

If inheriting, we should use the regular inherit procedure, like this:

(package
  (inherit dragonfly-reverb)
  ...)

package/inherit is for special cases related to grafting and replacement
packages. [0]

Anyways, it looks like the inherited fields are build-system,
native-inputs, and arguments. Is the idea that there is some build
complication common to the LV2 plugins that we don't want to copy
around? Maybe we could make a build system for them.

Does it work to inherit the custom install phase from dragonfly-reverb?
It seems like the install-file procedures would not apply here.

What do you think? Sorry if I've missed something.

[0]
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Security-Updates.html