Subject: bug#40462: closed (Re: bug#40462: 28.0.50; Building nativecomp branch segfaulting on FreeBSD)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 09:28:01 +0000

Your bug report

#40462: 28.0.50; Building nativecomp branch segfaulting on FreeBSD

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
40462: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40462
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#40462: 28.0.50; Building nativecomp branch segfaulting on FreeBSD
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: Ashish SHUKLA <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 09:27:03 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ok for me built also with a clean command line.

Given it works for me and you I'm closing this bug :)

Thanks

  Andrea

-- 
[email-masked]

Subject: 28.0.50; Building nativecomp branch segfaulting on FreeBSD
From: Ashish SHUKLA <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 14:30:42 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

While building emacs (git commit 00ee320) with following configure
flags:

--disable-build-details --localstatedir=/var --with-x --enable-acl
  --with-cairo --with-dbus --with-nativecomp --with-gconf --with-gif
  --with-gnutls --with-gsettings --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-harfbuzz
  --with-jpeg --with-json --with-file-notification=kqueue --with-lcms2
  --with-m17n-flt --without-imagemagick --with-mailutils --with-modules
  --with-sound=oss --with-libotf --with-png --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
  --with-rsvg --with-threads --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xim
  --with-xml2 --with-xpm --without-xwidgets --x-libraries=/usr/local/lib
  --x-includes=/usr/local/include --prefix=/usr/local

It crashes:

=================================================================================
Dumping under the name bootstrap-emacs.pdmp
dumping fingerprint:
9a2ee446c34e7076160c294f92952a1b63dc99c0b318f12a09f5e0cfbd921c35
Dump complete
Byte counts: header=96 hot=13959104 discardable=137904 cold=9581848
Reloc counts: hot=965456 discardable=4905
gmake -C ../lisp compile-first EMACS="../src/bootstrap-emacs"
gmake[4]: Entering directory 'work-full/emacs-00ee320/lisp'
EMACSLOADPATH= '../src/bootstrap-emacs' -batch --no-site-file
--no-site-lisp --eval '(setq load-prefer-newer t)'  \
-l comp -f batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap emacs-lisp/macroexp.el
EMACSLOADPATH= '../src/bootstrap-emacs' -batch --no-site-file
--no-site-lisp --eval '(setq load-prefer-newer t)'  \
-l comp -f batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap emacs-lisp/cconv.el
EMACSLOADPATH= '../src/bootstrap-emacs' -batch --no-site-file
--no-site-lisp --eval '(setq load-prefer-newer t)'  \
-l comp -f batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap emacs-lisp/byte-opt.el
EMACSLOADPATH= '../src/bootstrap-emacs' -batch --no-site-file
--no-site-lisp --eval '(setq load-prefer-newer t)'  \
-l comp -f batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap emacs-lisp/bytecomp.el
EMACSLOADPATH= '../src/bootstrap-emacs' -batch --no-site-file
--no-site-lisp --eval '(setq load-prefer-newer t)'  \
-l comp -f batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap emacs-lisp/comp.el
EMACSLOADPATH= '../src/bootstrap-emacs' -batch --no-site-file
--no-site-lisp --eval '(setq load-prefer-newer t)'  \
-l comp -f batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap emacs-lisp/autoload.el
gmake[4]: Leaving directory 'work-full/emacs-00ee320/lisp'
gmake -C ../lisp autoloads EMACS="../src/bootstrap-emacs"
gmake[4]: Entering directory 'work-full/emacs-00ee320/lisp'
EMACSLOADPATH= '../src/bootstrap-emacs' -batch --no-site-file
--no-site-lisp --eval '(setq load-prefer-newer t)'  \
-l comp -f batch-byte-native-compile-for-bootstrap
international/titdic-cnv.el
gmake -C ../leim all EMACS="../src/bootstrap-emacs"
gmake[5]: Entering directory 'work-full/emacs-00ee320/leim'
EMACSLOADPATH= '../src/bootstrap-emacs' -batch --no-site-file
--no-site-lisp -l titdic-cnv \
  -f batch-titdic-convert -dir ./../lisp/leim/quail CXTERM-DIC/CCDOSPY.tit
Fatal error 11: Segmentation fault
Backtrace:
0x4a1b10 <emacs_backtrace+0xe0> at
work-full/emacs-00ee320/src/bootstrap-emacs
0x46918b <terminate_due_to_signal+0xab> at
work-full/emacs-00ee320/src/bootstrap-emacs
0x4a45d8 <handle_fatal_signal+0x18> at
work-full/emacs-00ee320/src/bootstrap-emacs
0x4a4680 <deliver_thread_signal+0xa0> at
work-full/emacs-00ee320/src/bootstrap-emacs
0x4a15ed <deliver_fatal_thread_signal+0x1d> at
work-full/emacs-00ee320/src/bootstrap-emacs
0x4a4727 <handle_sigsegv+0x87> at
work-full/emacs-00ee320/src/bootstrap-emacs
0x80148b3ce <_pthread_sigmask+0x53e> at /lib/libthr.so.3
gmake[5]: *** [Makefile:107: ../lisp/leim/quail/CCDOSPY.el] Segmentation
fault (core dumped)
gmake[5]: Leaving directory 'work-full/emacs-00ee320/leim'
gmake[4]: *** [Makefile:389: leim] Error 2
gmake[4]: Leaving directory 'work-full/emacs-00ee320/lisp'
gmake[3]: *** [Makefile:802: ../lisp/loaddefs.el] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory 'work-full/emacs-00ee320/src'
gmake[2]: *** [Makefile:424: src] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory 'work-full/emacs-00ee320'
=================================================================================

Attached gdb.txt contains the "bt full" output.

-- 
Ashish SHUKLA

Sent via Gnus from GNU Emacs