Subject: bug#40462: 28.0.50; Building nativecomp branch segfaulting on FreeBSD

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2020 22:03:44 +0000

Hi Ashish,

Okay I've got a VM with FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE.

I had to install gmake and a bunch of other GNU utilies and libraries to
compile GCC.

I've compiled and installed the current GCC trunk configuring as:

../configure --enable-host-shared --enable-languages=jit \
--disable-bootstrap --enable-checking=release
gmake -j2
sudo gmake install

Note: to have libgccjit working I had to do the following trick:

# rm /usr/bin/ld
# ln -s /usr/local/bin/ld.bfd /usr/bin/ld

Otherwise the GCC driver was using lld and this was trying to link the
.eln against the C standard library (!?) failing.

Did you had the same problem?  

I then compiled Emacs on 02e3ffad6d as follow:

./autogen.sh
./configure --without-x --with-gnutls=ifavailable --with-nativecomp \
--without-makeinfo
time gmake NATIVE_FAST_BOOT=1 V=1 -j2

It took ~40min and went clean.  Now I did a quick test and everything
looks normal.  My LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LIBRARY_PATH are empty and I think
I had to run only 'ldconfig -R' to have libgccjit visible.

I'm starting a full build for the night but I do not see why it should
fail at this point.

Why can't I reproduce the error?  Do you see any important difference
between our recepies?

Thanks

  Andrea

-- 
[email-masked]